Re: [squid-users] Squid As Replacement for MS ISA Server

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 12:30:03 +0100

Download Squid-2.5.

Configure it with at least the following configure options

  --enable-auth="Basic, NTLM"
  --enable-basic-auth-helpers="MSNT"
  --enable-ntlm-auth-helpers="NTLMSSP"

Then make and install Squid as usual, and take a look into squid.conf
for the new configuration options. You will want to configure both basic
and ntlm authentication schemes.

- basic for plain-text authentication, used by Netscape and most other
non-Microsoft browsers
- ntlm authentication, mainly used by Microsoft IE browsers to
automatically log in the user to the proxy if he is logged on to a
windows domain.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Developer