Re: [squid-users] Forwarding loop error bug?

From: Bill McGonigle <mcgonigle@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 12:06:39 -0500

I'm having the same problem, and I'm not sure how one can avoid it with a
server-side configuration.

If the browser is configured to use squid as a proxy for all requests, and
the squid is an httpd accelerator, then the request for the accelerated
httpd has to go:

browser->squid/proxy->squid/accelerator->real httpd server

Does it not? Then there's a forwarding loop problem.

In mozilla/netscape I can configure "No Proxy For:" with my domain name,
and that works OK, but in IE, there doesn't seem to be that option. There
is a "bypass proxy server for local addresses" option, which appears to do
nothing at all, and a "Do not use proxy server for addresses beginning with"
  which is exactly opposite of what you'd want ("ending with").

Even if I could get all my users to use Mozilla, it would be nice not to
have to configure it on each machine.

I'd love to hear I'm missing something.

Thanks,
- -Bill