[squid-users] Squid's resolver question

From: <jcarminati@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 14:43:15 -0300

Hi Squid-hackers!

I'd like a clarification regarding squid's dns resolver.

I'm running latest RedHat RPM Squid version, and had set 'positive_dns_ttl
2 hours' in my squid.conf. I made some tests and sniffed port 53 with
tcpdump.

As I understand Squid should cache a positive results for 2 hours, but
instead if I open a page (for ex. cnn.com) and a couple of minutes later
open it again, I'll see that Squid is querying again my ISP DNS servers,
why this ?, I made different kind of tests and always got the same results.

Thanks in advance,
Jorge Carminati.