[squid-users] Reverse-Proxy capacity?

From: David Robillard <drobilla@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 17:15:19 -0500

Greetings,

My CEO has an idea which I'm not sure if it's feasable. I'd like to know
what you think, if you don't mind.

We need to check an HTTP request to see if it contains an mvm.com cookie.
If so, direct request to server A.
If not, answer query with a static page.

This machine has to be transparent, that is, users should not be aware
of it's existance.

His idea is to use Squid in reverse-proxy mode and have it check for the
existance of a string in the HTTP header. If the string is not present,
serve page A from the cache. If it is, the turn to the httpd_accel_host
for the reply.

Can squid do this? If not, are there any other products out there,
preferably OpenSource, that can do this?

Thank you.

--
David Robillard
UNIX admin