Re: [squid-users] stoplist + no cache = always direct?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 02:41:37 +0100

Wei Keong wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Please pordon me if I'm wrong... i'm new to Squid ;-)
>
> If I use hierarchy_stoplist (do not query peer/siblings) and no_cache (do
> not cache), does it mean that Squid will always go direct?

no_cache has no impact on direct/not direct, only if the result is
cached or not.

hierarchy_stoplist has some impact, but is somewhat limited in what
kinds expressions you can use.

If you want to force Squid to always go direct when fetching an object
then it is recommended to use always_direct.

If you want Squid to always go direct AND not use the cache then combine
always_direct (or hierarchy_stoplist) and no_cache.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Developer