Re: [squid-users] Time Problem!

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 11:49:02 +0100

Deshwal Chand wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I have installed Red Hat Linux with the LOCALE set to India. Whenever I see
> the date, it shows the date and time according to Indian Standard Time
> (IST). But if squid reports any error while a client is accessing through
> browser, it shows the time in GMT format. This way I doubt my ACL is not
> working whereever the time bound access is allowed.

time ACL's is using the local time zone, provided the local time zone is
known to Squid.

any dates shown to users or other servers are in GMT.

You can change the date shown in error pages by adding your own custom
signature. The default signature is

<hr noshade size=1>"
Generated %T by %h (%s)
</BODY></HTML>

If you add this to all your error pages, but change the %T to %t then
the time will be reported in your local timezone.

When making custom error pages it is highly recommended to make your own
directory for your error pages and tell Squid where your custom error
pages is by using the error_directory directive. The default location is
overwritten when you install or upgrade Squid.