Re: [squid-users] unlinkd

From: Guido Serassio <serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 14:22:59 +0100

Hi,

Il 13.57 30/03/2002 Guido Serassio ha scritto:
>Hi,
>
>Il 13.43 30/03/2002 Hermann Strassner ha scritto:
>>Hello!
>>
>>Is it possible, that squid NT 2.3 stable 5 has a problem with unlinking
>>(deleting) files?

Yes, it's a Squid 2.3 problem:

I have just checked that in Squid 2.3 when not using unlinkd, we use
nothing ...
And SquidNT 2.3 doesn't use unlinkd ...
Now I'm testing a patch, in the next days I will post a new build on
SquidNT web page.

Regards

Guido

>>In my cache dir are always much more files (850.000) than cachemanager says
>>(650.000), and also as counted on startup in cache.log (650.000).
>>I deleted swap.state, so that the index is rebuild. Now the the numbers
>>correspond to the number of files in the cache dir (850.000). After that, i
>>stopped squid, and the number of files in the cache.log is the same as in
>>the beginning (650.000).
>>
>>I think squid wanted to delete some files, but can not. Now the files are no
>>longer in the index, but on harddisk. This leads to my cache dir consuming
>>much more space than intended,
>>
>>In a second test installation the behaviour is the same, just with much
>>lower numbers.
>
>In my test system they are 45.000 objects in the cache directories, as
>cachemgr says. I will check is there are some potential problems.
>
>Regards
>
>Guido

-
Serassio Guido
Via Albenga, 11/4 10134 - Torino - ITALY
E-mail: guido.serassio@serassio.it
WWW: http://www.serassio.it