Re: [squid-users] Problem with Netfilter

From: Marco T. Saldarriaga M. <marco@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 19:22:28 -0500

Dear Simon:

I have found that I can have both options; they are not exclusive.

The problem is in the configure script; it is not detecting the header files
although they are in my system. I have tried everything such as specifying
the path to the directory, but the script does not find the files.

For example: I get this message among others:

checking for linux/netfilter_ipv4.h... no

but look at this:

ls -l /usr/include/linux/netfilter_ipv4.h
-rw-r--r-- 1 573 573 2103 Feb 25 14:38
/usr/include/linux/netfilter_ipv4.h

The file is in the system, but the script does not see it.

the options for my configure script are as follows:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/squid --sysconfdir=/etc/squid
--localstatedir=/var/squid --enable-icmp --enable-linux-netfilter
--enable-ipf-transparent --includedir=/usr/include/
--cache-file=/usr/src/squid-2.4.STABLE6/config.cache

There is a bug in the configure script.

Thank you,

Marco