Re: [squid-users] ~~!! idnsCheckQueue !!~~

From: Simon White <simon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 12:34:31 +0000

31-Mar-02 at 15:12, squid_nehal@speednetindia.com (squid_nehal@speednetindia.com) wrote :
> 2002/03/31 14:41:22 | idnsCheckQueue : ID 506 : giving up after 20
> tries and 46.3 seconds
>
> What is this ? Is it bug? What is cousing problem?

First of all, you are just asking about a log entry, but is it because
your Squid is not working properly? The symptoms of Squid's behaviour
would be useful too.

This entry means that a DNS lookup has been unsuccessful after a number of
tries, so Squid is giving up trying to resolve the name.

--
[Simon White. vim/mutt. simon@mtds.com. GIMPS:60.64% see www.mersenne.org]
Sometimes we sit and read other people's interpretations of our lyrics and