Re: [squid-users] Wccp, Cache Lost

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 19:43:17 -0700

On Sun, Mar 31, 2002, schazad choudary wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Thanx for being there to help people.
>
> I have successfully setup wccp and its quality is
> improving but the most irritating here ,still i do not
> know why after some time one of proxy changed to 0%
> in WCCP.

This is a known problem with squid's wccpv1 implementation.
However, the squid developer with some cisco equipment
(me) hasn't been able to reproduce this bug! :)

Do you rotate your log files? That may be a clue.
How big is your cache?

> 2: Do u think WCCP is better then route map and in
> what sense.

Well, when a proxy fails it comes out of the WCCP group and its
not easy (!) to load-balance across multiple caches with a
route-map to set the next hop..

Adrian