Re: [squid-users] Forwarding loop error bug?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 23:13:54 +0200

Not sure if I have answered this already..

You are correct. Squid will be confused if it is both used as an
accelerator and proxy and the proxy client is requesting a
accelerated site..

There is two ways out

a) Tell your proxy clients not to use Squid as a proxy for the
accelerated sites (the no-proxy for domains setting in your browser)

b) Use a redirector helper to mimic the accelerator redirection on
proxied requests for the accelerated domains.