Re: [squid-users] Scheduled fetching of sibling misses

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 12:28:51 +0200

And this is how I understood your query.

The problem is that ProxyA cannot know that ProxyB has the object.

It only knows that ProxyB some time ago was interested in the object.
Because of this ProxyA needs to be cautious when trying to fetch the
object from ProxyB to not trigger yet another download of the object
by ProxyB.

On Tuesday 02 April 2002 12:09, francisv@dagupan.com wrote:
> I'd like to re-phrase my previous post.
>
> If ProxyB requests an object from ProxyA and returns a MISS, ProxyA
> keeps the information and pre-fetches the same object from ProxyB
> after a period of time knowing that ProxyB must have the object by
> then.

available on request