Re: [squid-users] transpernt squid on aix, how to do port redirection

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 15:48:31 +0200

I don't think you can.

To intercept TCP port 80 traffic you need support in the TCP/IP
kernel, and I have not seen any such support for AIX.

You can always run the interception on another box for which the
needed interception capabilities can be found (Linux, *BSD, Solaris,
and maybe others), and forward the requests to your AIX box as a
parent..

On Tuesday 02 April 2002 15:04, pankaj_surat wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have install squid on AIX4.3.
>
> How can I make it transperant proxy.
> Now how can I do port redirection ( 80-->3128) on AIX.
>
> Thanks
> pankaj

available on request