Re: [squid-users] Interscan Antivirus

From: Simon White <simon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 14:32:11 +0000

02-Apr-02 at 15:43, Ward, John (GroupWare) (john@metropolitan.co.za) wrote :
> I have tried this recently... and not acheived major results at all.
>
> The trend antivirus thing tends to be a bit sluggish ......
>
> you will also have to add deny_direct rules in your config

Note: if you have a lot of traffic, and have a proxy (eating memory) and a
scanner (also needs a lot of memory for faster throughput) on the same
machine, it's hardly surprising that it would be sluggish.

Unless it's a reasonably low traffic network, then you really need a
separate box for each application, or a lot of RAM and each application on
separate disks at minimum, IMHO.

--
[Simon White. vim/mutt. simon@mtds.com. GIMPS:61.04% see www.mersenne.org]
Note to experienced users: Please don't encourage anti-support behavior.