Re: [squid-users] ACL issues

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 00:40:33 +0200

If the object is already cached then no_cache won't really help..

I would suggest using a refresh_pattern instead of no_cache. This way
you can make Squid always verify that the cached content is fresh but
still benefit from caching of bulk content..

Insert the following before your existing refresh patterns:

refresh_pattern -i ^http://fdl.msn.com 0 0% 0

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Developer

On Wednesday 03 April 2002 20:14, Michael R. Wayne wrote:
> Squid Cache: Version 2.3.STABLE4
>
> I am trying VERY hard to force requests to fdl.msn.com to go direct
> but squid is not cooperating. In squid.conf, I have
>
> acl ZONE_1 url_regex fdl.msn.com
> no_cache deny ZONE_1
> #### fdl.msn.com has address 207.46.177.148
> acl ZONE_2 dst 207.46.177.148
> no_cache deny ZONE_2
> acl acl_zone dst fdl.msn.com
> always_direct allow acl_zone