Re: [squid-users] more following quests

From: Aman Raheja <amansquid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 11:49:39 -0600

>>2> Also let me know what is the use of acls menntioning safe ports in the
>>squid.conf ?
>
>They are simply the ports that Squid will allow clients to connect to.
>Nothing complicated about it, really. Squid has ACLs for everything. ;-)

When you say these are the ports Squid will allow the clients to connect to.
Why would an HTTP server want to allow connection to FTP port or any other
well known port, listed in Safe_ports?
Moreover what would happen if a web-site on the other end is not using port
80 or even any of the Safe_ports listed but some random port xxxx?

Thanks
Aman