Re: [squid-users] stale pages remain in cache

From: Ryan Casey <rcasey@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 12:56:39 -0500

After upgrading to squid-2.4-STABLE6, from 2.4-stable3, the problem seems
to have gone away. I'm going to test it over the next week or so to make
sure.

For historical purposes, when we restarted squid (after issuing the
reconfigure command) the stale pages would still be served. I don't
_believe_ that restarting squid would trigger the issue, but I didn't test it.

There wasn't anything interesting when "reload" squid, except a warning
about override-expire violating HTTP standards. Interestingly though, that
error message is not logged when squid starts.

Thanks for your help, and I'll e-mail again if the problem re-appears.

-Ryan Casey