Re: [squid-users] Browser

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 22:48:04 +0200

Are you using proxy authentication?

If so, then the proxy login information is cached in the browser for the
duration of the browsing session. The exact details on how long this
information is kept in the browser varies from different browsers, but
usually it is kept until you fully exit the browser.

For Windows using MSIE I can well imagine that there is a difference if
you are using Active Desktop or not, or if the channel bar is displayed.
These features may keep the browser session active indefinitely.

Regards
Henrik Nordström