Re: [squid-users] Dumb Lurker question

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 14:37:08 +0200

>I realize that in order for the squid server to proxy the ssl
>openssl libraries must be installed.

 Not true , I think.

>Question: Does this
>mean that client opens an ssl connection to squid server;
>the squid server and the client do a key exchange; the

 That would not be possible , Squid has no idea about the Certificate
being used by the remote site.

>squid server then opens a up connection to the destination,
>does a key exchange and downloads the webpage. The
>server then sends the page to the client over the
>SSL connection between squid and the client?
>Is this correct?

 I think, for SSL, that the only thing that SQUID does, is tying
the connections together between the browser and the remote server.
Hence the need to support CONNECT as a kind of (proxy) relaying method.

M.

Thank you,
Raymond

--
 'Time is a consequence of Matter thus
 General Relativity is a direct consequence of QM