Re: [squid-users] How do I route my Intranet traffic to my Intranet proxy server?

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 17:29:09 +0200

On Saturday 06 April 2002 15:20, Marc Elsen wrote:
> > "Hasan, Irfan" wrote:
> >
> > How do I route my Intranet traffic to my Intranet proxy server?
>
> That question is senseless, if you mean, internet web traffic, to
> the the SQUID proxy server; then you can tell the browser to use a
> proxy, or use transparant proxy setup.

The question is far from senseless, but it is a bit ambigous.

For complex proxying setups it is recommended to use a proxy
configuration script / PAC script. This is a small javascript used by
the browser to determine which proxy to use.

Both Netscape and Microsoft have documentation on how to write such
scripts for their browsers. The JavaScript language used is mostly
compatible between both brands with some minor differences.

available on request