Re: [squid-users] Reverse proxy with SSL.

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 14:30:58 +0200

On Monday 08 April 2002 14:04, Simon White wrote:

> HTTPS cannot be proxied. It is a direct client/server connection
> due to the key exchange mechanism inherent in SSL and secure
> communications.
>
> Proxying would require caching the keys, which is inherently
> insecure, and is not allowed by the https protocol, I assume.

This is true for general proxying, but the situation is very
different when doing reverse proxying.

When doing reverse proxying, Squid is the authorative endpoint of the
connection. How Squid fetches the content is part of your server
setup, just as a SQL query on a dynamic web page is.

Your source of advanced web reverse proxying solutions
http://www.marasystems.com/products/