Re: [squid-users] Stable 6 is rolling back to Stable 3

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 18:43:54 +0200

You need to be using the Serial: tag in the SPEC file, with a serial number
greater than the version you want to replace, but smaller than the next
upgrade from RedHat or anyone else that should replace yours...

A very ugly scheme that can only be made to work when using RPMs from a
single vendor only, and even then often fails due to forgetting to manually
updating the serial number when making a new RPM and similar reasons.