[squid-users] cache dir equation + Misc questions?

From: Anthony Giggins <AGiggins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 13:59:50 +1000

Is there a cache_dir equation to work out the most efficient use of 1st and
2nd level directories? I'm running a large cache ie. 60GB and I find
that my first and second level Directories fill-up and as a result proxy
access slows down. The cache volume is no where near full. Ie about 13GB
after about 100Days Usage and we average between 0.5 - 1 GB per day.

cache_dir ufs /cache 60000 128 156

most other options are just the defaults

I'm running squid 2.3.STABLE4 on redhat Linnux 7.1

Any help would be great.

Anthony Giggins