Re: [squid-users] POP through Squid?

From: Raymond Jacob <jacob_raymond@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 16:56:43 +0000

From: Simon White <simon@mtds.com>
To: Squid digest <squid-users@squid-cache.org>
Subject: Re: [squid-users] POP through Squid?
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 09:15:42 +0000

12-Apr-02 at 13:59, Aleksey Trubin (aleks@gw.kupol.ru) wrote :
> Hi all!
> There is some situation...
> There are users who want to get email using pop protocol from free
> mailboxes. But they have a grey IP addesses (192.168.XXX.YYY) and get
> Internet access through Squid. I suppose that can't be done through
> Squid (we use 2.4STABLE6). But if it possible how can I do this?

If you want private IP addresses to be able to communicate with the
outside world you have to do nat. Proxying is one exception, but I
seriously doubt that anyone in their right mind would ever proxy POP or
SMTP traffic.

--
[Simon White. vim/mutt. simon@mtds.com. GIMPS:68.16% see www.mersenne.org]
and those who matter don't mind.  -- Dr. Seuss