[squid-users] Re: Squid and QoS question

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 00:24:30 +0200

Squid-2.5 can signal QoS on outgoing connections based on ACL's, but
the problem is that you have no control of the QoS assignments on
incoming connections.

What you can do (also a Squid-2.5) is make Squid use different source
IP addresses for the different classes of users, and then have the
network do bandwidth prioritisation based on these. Can also be
applied to NAT traffic.

I am not sure I fully get the picture of what you are attempting here.