[squid-users] stunnel with Squid for SSL

From: steve small <stevenleesmall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 21:40:01 +0000

Hello fellow Squidsters,

We're running Squid in accel mode, with Squid listening to the world on port
80 and sending requests to other servers as appropriate. We'd like to also
be able to listen on the SSL port, whereby we listen on 443 for HTTPS
requests and turn those into HTTP requests which we hand to Squid on port
80.

I know DeleGate will function for this, but several folks on this group seem
to recommend using stunnel. However, there's some info on the stunnel site
from some of their developers that seems to indicate that stunnel doesn't
support HTTP. It's not clear that anybody here who recommends stunnel with
Squid has actually tried it.

So, my question is: Can anybody say conclusively that the above
configuration can be made to work? And, if so, could somebody post a set of
suitable example parameters that would work in daemon mode(like, 'stunnel .
. . ')?

thanks,

soggy in Seattle