Re: [squid-users] wccp and RH Linux 7.2

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 06:37:08 -0500

Probably. But the Red Hat kernel does not. You'll need to add the
ip_wccp module, or patch the ip_gre module. This is documented in the FAQ.

You should also probably upgrade to a more recent Squid package, as the
one shipped with RH 7.2 has some bugs. I posted 2.4.STABLE6 Red Hat
style packages a couple weeks ago here:

http://www.swelltech.com/support/squidpackages.html

(You need to use the --oldpackage directive to upgrade from a Red Hat
package...they use serial numbers on their versions, and I don't,
leading rpm to believe the new package is actually older.)

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
http://www.swelltech.com