Re: [squid-users] can I select a cache parent based on an ip address?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 17:36:28 +0200

Brett Lymn wrote:

> As it turns out there is no error in the above _but_ I still had the:
>
> cache_peer_domain foo.bar .foo.domain.com
>
> furtuher up in my squid.conf. I commented this out and suddenly the
> cache_peer_access directive appear to work. I can only guess that the
> cache_peer_domain directives were overiding cache_peer_domain.

A negative cache_peer_domain lookup overrides cache_peer_access.
cache_peer_access further restricts what the peer is being used for.

cache_peer_domain foo.bar xxx yyy zzz !ddd

is identical to the following, before any cache_peer_access rules:

acl foo_domains dstdomain xxx yyy zzz !ddd
cache_peer_access foo.bar deny !foo_domains