[squid-users] Squid Performance

From: MASOOD AHMAD <masoodnt10@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 03:11:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hello My dear squid users

now come to the point I'm using squid since last year.
First I complile the Squid4.3Stable ,RedHat Linux 7.1
on Ultrae SCSI Seagate and Intel Multiprocessor
machine.It' was going well and the http hit ratio was
58%

now I'm running squid2.5stable6,FreeBSD 4.3 on Asus
built board and IDE Harddirve with Single processor
machine. now performance decrease to
32%
what is this keep in mind I'm running squid in LAN
enviorment wiht 50 clients and dial up connection
is there any way to speed it up

thank's
Masood Ahmad Shah
System Administrator