[squid-users] ssl and transparent proxy problem

From: Ayca Ardic <aycaa@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 15:52:25 +0300

Hi,

I have a transparent proxy for internet connection. It is a Redhat 7.2
(kernel 2.4.7) with squid 2.4.Stable6. Our connection is as shown below.
Browser <-> Proxy <-> Firewall <-> Internet

Proxy server is working fine but I have problem with SSL connections.
When I want to connect to some internet banking sites, I can log in to site,
and connect at 443 but I'm not able to use any commands at the site.

If I disable proxy, I can use all the banking services. Also, there is no
problem if I manually configure my browser to use proxy and set the firewall
as my gateway.

When I check log files, I saw the following error:
2002/04/19 13:41:03| sslReadServer: FD 84: read failure: (104) Connection
reset

As I see from mailing-list archieves, this question is asked for a few
times. But no solution is advised.

I'll be glad if someone can advise some URL or document.

Thanx for your atteniton.