Re: AW: [squid-users] proxy : redirect

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 23:14:02 +0200

As you speak about iptables I assume you are running a Linux 2.4
kernel, then Squid should be configured with --enable-linux-netfilter.

Note: It is strongly advised to use iptables in favor of ipchains on
Linux-2.4. ipchains under Linux-2.4 is not the same ipchains as
Linux-2.2 but a poorly tested emulation layer ontop of netfilter.
This ipchains emulation layer is known to be broken in quite many
Linux-2.4 versions, especially when doing redirection..

And note: Only traffic routed via the Squid server can be
intercepted. See the Squid FAQ for at least three alternatives on how
to route the traffic to the Squid server..

General advice: Avoid interception if you can. It is a very ugly TCP
hack and should only be used as a last resort.

On Friday 19 April 2002 15:41, Payal wrote:
> On Thursday 18 April 2002 03:55 pm, you wrote:
> Yes, I did that.
> httpd_accel_host virtual
> httpd_accel_port 80
> httpd_accel_with_proxy on
> httpd_accel_uses_host_header on
> What more do I need?
> I just cannot seem to get it working.
> Thanks and waiting for the reply.
> -Payal
>
> > http://squid.visolve.com/squid24s1/httpd_accelerator.htm
> >
> > Regards,
> > Uli

Your source of advanced web reverse proxying solutions
http://www.marasystems.com/producs/