Re: [squid-users] Please see:Simple Question but it is intangible for me (In routing in linux(squid server))

From: Simon White <simon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 18:22:59 +0000

24-Apr-02 at 22:44, Morteza Kabiri (mokabiri@amolresaneh.com) wrote :
> For example:
> I have a LAN with 4 clients with IP: 192.168.0.x -> 1, 2, 3, and 4
> And I have a squid server with 192.168.0.7
> Now I want route all clients to my cache (squid) and then all route all
> request to router with IP (192.168.0.10).
> clients. -> squid -> router -> internet
>
> What did I do?
> I set gateway in all clients to cache ip and on cache server define
> route 0.0.0.0 with mask 0.0.0.0 to ip router ()

That appears to be correct. Default gateway for Squid - your IP router, it
must NAT for Squid to get out of course. Make sure this works first.

Then if you want the clients to surf they either set proxy manually
(probably the best bet for so few clients) or if you want you can make
Squid be an interception proxy, see the FAQ.

Enable ip forwarding on the Linux box too, /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
or something similar, check the Linux Routing HOW-TO

Regards,

--
[Simon White. vim/mutt. simon@mtds.com. GIMPS:87.53% see www.mersenne.org]
History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree