Re: [squid-users] FTP download bandwidth limiting using delay pools......problem

From: Simon White <simon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 10:35:35 +0000

25-Apr-02 at 03:20, nandan kaushik (nandan_kaushik@yahoo.com) wrote :
> Am using Squid-2.4STABLE3 for one FTP bandwidth
> limiting project using delay pools.

If all you want is to limit FTP d/l speeds, then Squid is not the right
tool. Regular linux traffic shaping would be better.

> Squid is configured OK with --enable-delay-pools
> option and compiled and installed with make all and
> make install commands.
>
> In squid.conf file i use one delay pool of class 2
> and set the delay_parameters to 1 2000/2000 800/800
> but i see no appreciable restriction on FTP download
> bandwith from our FTP server.

I cannot say for sure, but I don't know if FTP is supported by delay
pools. Someone else on the list may be able to say for sure. In any case,
just for shaping bandwidth on FTP, Squid is not the best tool.

--
[Simon White. vim/mutt. simon@mtds.com. GIMPS:88.61% see www.mersenne.org]
If you don't like what is going on in Palestine, or are curious, look: