Re: [squid-users] Some questions

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 14:16:20 +0200

Simon White wrote:

> 25-Apr-02 at 21:34, netzone2001 (netzone2001@hotmail.com) wrote :
>
> This looks like a virus. On another mailing list I have seen viruses
> recently. Looking at the headers it appears to have been validly sent to
> the list and delivered by the ezlm manager.
>
> Those Outlook users on the list be aware...
>
> Is this Microsoft (Hotmail) deliberately spamming Linux lists? ;-))

No, but there is several viruses out there scanning the Internet for
email addresses to use when sending faked emails using a pair of the
found addresses as sender and receiver... my mailbox is almost flooded
with these as one of my older email addresses can be found on quite many
places on the net..