Re: [squid-users] Which HTTP v1.1 features are supported?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 14:25:05 +0200

Steve Snyder wrote:

> I am aware that Squid is not a HTTP v1.1 proxy, but that some v1.1
> feature are implemented. Is there any documentation as which feature of
> the spec are supported by Squid and which are not?
>
> In particular, I'm interested in the persistent connections and in
> pipelining.

Squid implements both.

As Squid is a HTTP/1.0 proxy it implements the HTTP/1.0+ model of
persistent connections (negotiated via Connection: keep-alive).

RFC2616 (HTTP/1.1) is a bit restrictive on how proxies may deal with
pipelining. Basically proxies are not allowed to pipeline requests. To
compensate for this proxies is allowed to process several requests
pipelined by the client in parallell. By default Squid processes up to
two requests per client connection in parallell.