[squid-users] ldap

From: elfed lewis <e.lewis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:42:19 +0000

Hi all. Ive set up squid to authenticate to ldap. It works fine so far, but
now i want to do something different. I want samba and squid to authenticate
to the same password. I think the sambaAccount field for samba
authentication is either lmPassword, or ntPassword, and the field for squid
is userPasword. Is there a way of forcing squid to authenticate against one
of these Passwords in steadof userPassword?

I also think (from looking at the password hash) that the samba password and
the squid password uses different encryption. Is this correct? If so, is
there a way of getting squid to use a different encr. algo?