Re: [squid-users] Dialpad not working

From: Simon White <simon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 10:46:07 +0000

29-Apr-02 at 11:48, Riyaz khan (Linux) (riyaz_k@itintegrated.com) wrote :
> Hello all
> I am using squid on redhat 6.2. I want to connec tto dialpad for dialing
> but squid is returning some errors and and been able to connect. I think
> think dialpad runs on port 51200..Kindly helpme to sort out this issue..

Squid is not going to proxy a VoIP application. These use UDP and need
direct routes to function properly. There's nothing to cache.

You need the correct port open on the firewall for the application to
work, Squid will not (and should not) touch this kind of application.

--
[Simon White. vim/mutt. simon@mtds.com. GIMPS:94.79% see www.mersenne.org]
The only reason I'm burning my candle at both ends, is because I haven't