Re: [squid-users] Local addresses

From: Simon White <simon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 11:08:11 +0000

29-Apr-02 at 12:15, Paulo Andre (PAndre@autopage.altech.co.za) wrote :
> Pretty new to squid, just a quick question.
> To browse local addresses I have to bypass the proxy on the client-side
> settings (IE).
> Is there anyway that I can do that on the server-side???

Yes and no. I can't guess what your architecture is, so I don't know. You
can get the proxy to not cache things on certain machines. But if the IP
Squid has is not allowed to access intranet sites, for example, then you
can't get Squid to make the browser connect directly to local sites
without going through Squid.

--
[Simon White. vim/mutt. simon@mtds.com. GIMPS:94.82% see www.mersenne.org]
When the bosses talk about improving productivity, they are never talking