Re: [squid-users] RPM Packages

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 11:51:32 -0500

Good answer Simon,

I'll add to that and say that, generally, if you are prepared to run a
DEVEL Squid then you probably also have the knowledge needed to build
your own RPM. When I build DEVEL RPMS (and I do sometimes do so in my
test environment, but you won't see them publicly posted because I don't
want the questions they would certainly generate) it takes about 15
minutes to create new config and make patches, and get a new RPM build
of DEVEL. If you aren't ready for that kind of thing, then running a
DEVEL Squid is probably not in your best interest anyway. I've posted
my SRPMs in addition to the binaries on my site. You're welcome to
start from there.

That said, installation of DEVEL from source tarball is thoroughly simple...

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
http://www.swelltech.com