[squid-users] Squid modification

From: Alejandro Gómez Osorio <alejandro@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 17:36:24 -0400

I'm working in a project, the mission of this project is to protect the children of pornography in Internet and at the moment I use a squid to filter the traffic (white and blacks list). Now I want to develop a software which works between the browser and Internet (in the client PC). So, this software must consult the squid if the URL is in a white or a black list, and depending on the answer of the squid, this tool allows to sail or not with the browser; all this to use the bandwidth of the client and not the squid bandwith, for different ISPs.

It is possible to modify the squid so that for each requirement of URL, it gives back a parametro to the client (true or false) depending if the URL is in white or a black list, and the squid must not search for the URL?

This software now is a idea!

Thanks