Re: [squid-users] ftp site

From: Simon White <simon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 09:26:44 +0000

30-Apr-02 at 02:02, shadha nker (shadhanker@yahoo.com) wrote :
> Hello Henrik,
>
> Thanks for detailed reply. But I've tried the ftp site
> with 'anonymous user'. So i tot no need to specify the
> username in the url. Am i correct over here?
> i.e I can't able to browse ftp:// thro squid as an
> anonymous user.
> How to overcome this?
> Thanks and Regards,

You can set the anonymous username in the squid.conf file. See:-

# TAG: ftp_user
# If you want the anonymous login password to be more informative
# (and enable the use of picky ftp servers), set this to something
# reasonable for your domain, like wwwuser@somewhere.net
#
# The reason why this is domainless by default is that the
# request can be made on the behalf of a user in any domain,
# depending on how the cache is used.
# Some ftp server also validate that the email address is valid
# (for example perl.com).
#
#Default:
# ftp_user Squid@

Note: some servers might require "anonymous", so perhaps set

ftp_user anonymous@

Regards,

--
[Simon White. vim/mutt. simon@mtds.com. GIMPS:96.26% see www.mersenne.org]
In a time of universal lies, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.