[squid-users] no_cache deny.......

From: Jigar Rasalawala <jrasalawala@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 11:33:55 -0700

Hi,

I am running Squid2.4/STABLE 4 on RedHat 7.1. I am having problem with
no_cache tag.
I do not want to cache yahoo banner in my cache. for that my squid.conf
looks like

no_cache deny m5v9.gif.
refresh_pattern . 0 20% 4320

Here what i found in access.log , If yahoo banner is already in cache, then
i use no_cache it does not go to yahoo
to get yahoo banner. it serves only from cache. But if press Ctrl-Refresh
( RELOAD ) then it fetches
banner from yahoo. afterwords all the times it works fine ( going to yahoo
and getting banner).

According my knowledge, If i specifed anything in no_cache, it should go to
web server to get object,
rather serving page from cache.

I am not able to understand this behavior of squid.

Any help appriciated..

Thanks
Jigar