Re: [squid-users] ip_wccp.c compile

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 09:26:16 +0200

On Thursday 02 May 2002 03:25, Kancha . wrote:
> I'm working with RH linux 7.2 default kernel and
> default squid. NOw i want to enable wccp. Here are my
> questions:
>
> is compiling and using module ip_wccp enough to enable
> wccp (of course will do necessary stuff in router) ??

Yes.

> if yes, as i don't know how do compile it. can anybody
> provide me with command line paramters for gcc ??

There is a example command line in the FAQ I think. If not, look at
how the kernel compile compiles modules..

Note: You quite likely will need to compile your own kernel to be
able to build new kernel modules. See the RedHat documentation on how
to compile custom kernels for RedHat Linux.

Your source of advanced web reverse proxying solutions
http://www.marasystems.com/producs/