[squid-users] Squid and InterScan VirusWall 3.6

From: Erick Arturo Perez <cripto@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 04:21:40 -0500

Sirs,

I have a machine with Redhat 7.1 running SQUID and InterScan VirusWall
3.6 on the same system.
I have read posts on the archive list to try to configure my system. But
it seems that I am missing something.

Testings:
Clients--SQUID---Internet OK
Clients--ISVW----Internet OK

Desired:
Clients.....SQUID....ISVW....INTERNET

My SQUID listens on 3128 and the ISVW is configured by default
installation to listen to clients on port 80.

And my ISVW has selected the option "Act as a proxy Itself".

So I add in my squid.conf these lines (as per Section 4.9 of the Squid
FAQ):
cache_peer localhost parent 80 0 no-query default
never_direct allow all

I use ACLs in my Squid.conf to restrict my internal users

Problem:
After doing this, the SQUID gives me an error of DNS. The error comes
from the file /usr/lib/squid/errors/English/ERR_DNS_FAIL

Am I missing something on the ACLs, or something else?

Erick A. Perez H.
cripto@c-com.net.pa