[squid-users] Hotmail issues

From: EB <ebroo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 09:10:04 -0400

I am attempting to implement a simple squid cache server on Solaris 2.8.
I've tried Squid 2.3stable3 and 2.4.snapshot, from source from package,
either way same results.

Using a pretty stock configuration (i.e. completely stock accept for an
acl to allow me to use it)

The issue: when a user tried to login to hotmail.com, you see an accept
in the log, then the page times out.

I've read through the archives of this list and other sites that claim
an ACL to not cache hotmail will fix. The FAQ on squid-cache.org says to
use:

hierarchy_stoplist hotmail.com

None of this works. Debug gives no relevant data. Can anyone make any
suggestions?

Also, has anyone seen a simple user interface for adding (don't cache
this site) acl's? Something I can hand off to tier 2 support people to
use? (webmin and the like work fine, but I think it's still too much for
them)

Kind regards,

Edward Brookhouse
Senior Unix Engineer