Re: [squid-users] About parents and memory pools

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 16:43:50 +0200

Squid also detects if a peer stops responding on it's TCP port, and then
defines the peer as dead until it starts responding again.

The peer_connect_timeout and cache_peer timeout= options is useful in timing
the failover times for parents.

Squid distributes the requests on your non-ICP parents based on the
distribution sheme you have assigned in cache_peer. By default most/all
requests will be sent to the first listed cache_peer. See the description of
cache_peer for other options.

--
Basic free Squid support provided thanks to MARA Systems AB
Your source of advanced reverse proxy solutions or customized