[squid-users] pam_auth Configuration

From: Robert Adkins <raa@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 14:34:00 -0400

Hello,

        I am having an issue with setting up pam_auth for squid. I have scoured
the web for information regarding how to configure PAM and Squid and have
come up with little. Has anyone noticed how little PAM documentation
exists?

        Anyway, I have seen a site or two that mention adding a line or two to a
pam.conf, which is nice, but the lines are either not shown or simply say
something like the following;

        "Once you have those lines added, SUID the pam_auth module and you are
ready to work."

        I would like to have a spot more information then that. Does anyone have
any clear information on setting up squid to use PAM authentication?

Thanks much,
Robert Adkins
IT Manager/Buyer
IMPEL Industries, Inc.