Re: [squid-users] SQUID 2.4 at ISP center

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 01:01:27 -0500

Reread the FAQ I pointed you to.

40GB of cache_dir will require a /minimum/ of 400MB+cache_mem+some more
(some more being about 20-30MB, plus whatever memory is required for the
rest of your system and services). A 20GB cache_dir is still too big
for 256MB of RAM if you expect good performance.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
http://www.swelltech.com