[squid-users] Get through squid with something else than browser...

From: Francois Baviere <francois.job@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 03:49:14 -0400

Hi,

I am a newbie using (not installing) squid 2.2...
I understand it's a http proxy. The one I use, require authentification.
It works great with a browser such as IE5 for http and ftp (get only).

I have tried a couple of times to go through it for getting a bunch of file on
the net from my NT workstation... I can't make work programs such as teleport
pro, PageSucker, webcopier... or whatever (on win32)....

Is there's one which work with squid? which? and how does it work? (Got the
same question for a fake ftp client wich gets everything using http through
squid)

Thanks for the help!