Re: [squid-users] Meeting troubles when modify replacement policy. :-(

From: Simon White <simon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 11:04:34 +0000

07-May-02 at 19:00, maer727@sohu.com (maer727@sohu.com) wrote :
> I meet trouble when I modify the replacement policy. I simply edit
> squid.conf and change lru to GDSF. But when restarting squid, an
> error occurs. It says unknown replacement policy type.
>
> How to change lru to GDSF?

You have to compile in support for GDSF and others. I think it's along the
lines of:-

./configure --enable-removal-policies=heap

This assumes you have the latest version, and that you have compiled from
source (tar.gz)

Regards,

--
[Simon White. vim/mutt. simon@mtds.com. GIMPS:8.410% see www.mersenne.org]
All this talk about everyone being connected to the Internet by the year